Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: .NET Web Application Security

From: "Jason Dinsdale" <jasondinsdale () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:46:20 +1100

I would have suggested HP Select Access, which is a SSO-style authentication
product for web apps that provides the security layer for web apps as you
describe.   Leverages LDAP directories for identity data and passes back
personalization info to the web apps for authenticated.  Unfortunately HP
has just withdrawn from the IDM market, and is no longer selling licenses.
However, I'm sure there's alternatives out there ... CA SiteMinder comes to
mind, also OpenSSO (although it's for Java apps only as I understand it).

HTH,

JD