Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Software Recommendations

From: "Jorge L. Vazquez" <jlvazquez825 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:09:25 -0400

check out ipcop....been using it for a while and it's great, was
developed from smoothwall, here are a couple of tutorial that should
help you get started

http://www.pctechtips.org/ipcop1.htm
http://www.pctechtips.org/ipcop_snort_addons.htm

thanks
Jorge

Charles Hardin wrote:
The main reasons I switched to endian from smoothwall was at the time
I did not have the 2003 box so I didnt have a good client vpn solution
and endian provided one. Also endian has more options and features
that appealed to me. I will look into ipcop and untangle as I havent
studied those.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Nick Vaernhoej