Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Senior management really concerns about security?

From: "CISO" <CISO () EliteMail Org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 08:13:29 -0700

Step 1: Document the risks and what they are attempting to do.
Step 2: Attain sign off on those risks by the senior management.
Step 3: If they do not sign off it is important to ensure you properly
document.
Step 4: Do what they ask anyway... which does not mean YOU accept the risk.
Step 5: Keep your job.

Information Security does not ABSORB the risk, we notify, document, and
pass.

Good Luck.