Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Citrix Web Interface - VPN - public computer...secure??

From: "K. Brian Kelley" <arakakisudaki () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:11:15 -0700 (PDT)

Public computers? I wouldn't consider that safe. One just has to do a Google search on Kinkos and GoToMyPC to see why.
With a public computer there is absolutely no guarantee of any sort of reasonable precautions such as up-to-date AV. If
you were using Citrix Access Gateway you could do some level of endpoint analysis, but that's not the case with CSG.

 K. Brian Kelley, CISA, MCSE, Security+
Contributing Author: How to Cheat at Securing SQL Server 2005
Regular Columnist, SQLServerCentral.com and SQL Server Standard Magazine
http://www.truthsolutions.com/
http://blogs.sqlservercentral.com/brian_kelley/default.aspx