Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SIM Suggestions

From: "ॐ aditya mukadam ॐ" <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:28:10 +0530

We are using Netforensics and we had good experience with it so far.
It has great reporting capablities.

Chosing the right SIm solutions would need some below questions
answered by you/your internal team ( answers would help you to decide
or atleast give some idea):
1) How many devices are you planning to integrate to SIM ? Its not
worth to buy it for less than 50 devices for its cost.
2) Are you planning to integrate all your network devices ? Its a good
idea to integrate all your devices including windows AD if at all.
3) What is the expectation from the SIM ? This is absolutely important.
4) Are you planning to use this to write new Co-relation rules or use
the inbuilt default rules ?
5) Do you have dedicated person/people to work on SIM ? This is
absolutely important as SIM solutions can get difficult to scale up as
you increase your understanding and fully utilize its potential.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam