Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: College Courses for Info Sec or Certificates or Both?

From: Chuck Taylor <h00k00k () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:22:56 -0400

Phil,

I think you should definitely go for your 4 year degree.  The 4 year
degree is starting to become the minimum standard.  I am not saying that
you cannot be successful without it, just saying that it is definitely
something employers look for.  Not to mention that getting a 4 year
degree helps you grow as an individual since you will experience many
things over your years of earning a degree.

As far as certifications..they definitely help.  Alot of employers love
to see a CISSP cert on the resume, so that would not hurt.  There is no
reason why you cannot pursue your 4 year degree, get certifications, and
work in the field at the same time.

Good luck!!!

d3nw0