Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Should proxy have one interface or two

From: Сергей Цапок <obilion () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:38:12 +0300

In our enterprise we use Microsoft ISA 2006 as proxy only to grant users
access to the Internet on Active Directory basis and do content-filtering
and black/white URL filtering. It only has one network interface, access to
the Internet itself is based upon Cisco ASA which does NAT to outside world
only for ISA's IP address. It works fine except for different exotic cases
such as allowing active FTP (as far as I understood after reading TechNet,
you can do active outside FTP with two network interfaces).

Sergey