Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Online Incident Response Management

From: "Daniel I. Didier" <ddidier () netsecureia com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:08:15 -0400

Brooks,
This is a great topic / idea.  I currently use the built in
case-management feature of Cisco MARS.  However, if there is an incident
outside this system, it obviously isn't optimum for handling it.  I
could manually enter information and track it there, but it wouldn't
have the ability to upload documents and such.  I work with a number of
organizations, and most of they simply keep a paper record, or some type
of unorganized electronic documents (.doc or .pdf).  I too am interested
to see what others may have employed for this.  I think a sharepoint /
wiki site may be able to work well but I'm curious what other solutions
are in use.

Dan
http://www.NetSecureIA.com