Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Remote desktop access policy

From: jenna <jennasec-focus () yahoo co uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:09:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hi
My main concern would be why they requre access to their desktop.   Anything to do with the business should be on a
file server to ensure it gets backed up.  Users would then only need access to the server thus negating the need to
leave their desktops left on.

If you allow  any access to your network, ensure you have a tool in place to check that their home machine has an
updated AV as well as MS updates.  Users will also be able to copy files to their home machine so ensure this is
covered by the policy and ensure everybody is aware - you could ask people to sign a form acknowledging this.

Jenna