Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: SIEM device?

From: vin () theworld com
Date: 17 Jan 2008 20:12:43 -0000

What you actually what seems to depend on your local SIM and SAM requirements; your need for forensic AAA; the talent
and manpower you have available; and whichever regulatory regimes you must pay allegiance to -- but there was a good
annotated list of available SIEM options in the Gartner Magic Quadrant market profile published last summer. I just saw
that several vendors have put the Gartner report online. See, for one source: http://tinyurl.com/23u23b

I'm a consultant to EMC/RSA, so I can't offer an objective perspective, but the relative strengths and weaknesses of
enVision, dubbed the MQ market leader -- as well as all of the other competitive products in this space -- seem to be
usefully described.

Suerte,
     _Vin