Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cisco's SDM firewall and IDS reviews

From: "Rob Thompson" <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:41:10 -0800

On 11 Jan 2008 14:42:15 -0000,  <ejensen () vibrant com> wrote:
Hello everyone, has anyone worked with the Cisco SDM package?

I have not worked with this device personally.  I am only responding
to this as you are considering purchasing a Cisco product.

Have you ever heard of "Ciscogate"?

I would seriously think twice before doing business with a company
that is willing to look the other way over a security hole that is so
potentially destructive.

If you need information on this, I'm sure I may have something lying
around here somewhere.  Or at least I will know where to look to find
it if I don't.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

--
Rob