Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Sniffing Mail Traffic - Outlook --> Exchange Server

From: scott <redhowlingwolves () nc rr com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:15:07 -0500

DSNIFF will do what you are looking for.Mailsnarf is part of that package.Will show emails in your terminal just like you wrote them.

Regards,
  Scott

sfmailsbm () gmail com wrote:
Dear list,

I wanted to demonstrate to management that traffic in clear text are vulnerable to sniffing, and to do this I wanted to
sniff mail traffic:

I am trying to monitor the traffic between my Outlook Client and my Exchange (2003) server

Normally the protocol used for communication is IMAP, which is not encrypted

However wireshark gives we traffic log for only TCP and DCERPC protocols

Could you please help? Am i missing something here?

Many many thanks