Security Basics mailing list archives

.NET Web Application Security

From: "Alex Bolduc" <abolduc () gogotech com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:16:48 -0500

Integrating role-based security into our web-application from the beginning
would obviously have been the ideal scenario. That not being the case, we
are faced with an immediate need to secure several web-based .NET forms
(down to the HTML input elements, buttons, etc.) so that certain data is
visible/updateable/etc based on user roles. Does anyone know if a 3rd-party
solution exists that we can integrate into (or "layer over") our .NET
web-app to provide role-based security as an interim solution (until we can
design, test and implement role-based security into the next phase of our
code)?

Thanks in advance.

-Alex Bolduc