Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Vista Wireless Client

From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:24:25 +1000

Hi John,
Do you want a client that will help you connect to networks or something
that will show you networks? I'm a bit confused.
If the Atheros' client is not working with Vista then you might be best to
contact Toshiba. I imagine you have an Atheros card in the laptop. You may
have to turn the Vista client off first.
If the card is working then the driver is working. If you're trying to
wardrive or similar then kismet for windows might be better at giving you
info. I don't actually know if either it or NetStumbler runs on Vista, to be
honest. What does their website say?
If Vista has the wireless zero config feature(I don't use Vista), then
turning this off may allow NetStumbler to work-I always had to do that with
my XP machine.