Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CAGs - Compliance and Governance 4 Security Project List Now available.

From: alondon_NOSPAM@alondon_NOSPAM.com
Date: 20 Feb 2008 18:39:19 -0000

That 500 word disclaimer used by BDO Kendalls a ridiculous waste of band width!

If they don’t want to take responsibility for their staff, they should not be in business.  If they don’t want to
install software to scan their email attachments before sending, they should not be in business.

This is the “disclaimer” I use:

“I take full responsibility for all the facts, interpretations and any other information contained in the above email.
To the best of my knowledge and belief, you can rely upon this information.  If you have received this message in
error, please have the courtesy to inform me and then delete it from your computer.  Thank you.”

True professionals take responsibility for all their communications and don’t waste their clients time by attaching
lengthy and ridiculous disclaimers to all their emails!