Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network Monitoring

From: Secure This <lists () securethis net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:26:41 +0000

Have a look at Consentry switches - they will exceed your requirements and the pricing isn't bad for all they offer....

http://www.consentry.com/

mhoby () iugaza edu wrote:
Dear all,

I want to have a monitoring tool for viewing the active workstations and at the same time I want to have the ability to
block any suspicious workstation from accessing the network (Based on IP address). I also would like to have a list of
trusted MAC Addresses, so that any device that gets connected to the network without being in the trusted MACs will get
blocked or if not, I get notified about the newly attached workstation...

Is their any software that can provide me with these requirements, or it might be a collection of software.. we are
using Windows Server 2003 if that helps ..