Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Apple, Linux, and windows

From: Jon Petre <jono29 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:34:05 +0000

This just makes my Friday......

Nick Vaernhoej wrote:
## Wazz up
Good morning,

## I am trying to learn about Linux. I have an old 15 inch imac g4 igloo
## and I installed fedora 8 Linux on it.
Cool

## I also just got an apple airport card (not extreme)
## and I don't know how to get it to connect to my dell truemoble router
So is this your question? Because there is no question mark making is
seem more like you are telling us a story.

## which is controled and managed by my pc (I added the mac address to
my allowed access list)
Try starting without restrictions enabled. Right now you have too much
interference on your troubleshooting list.

## durring boot everything says "OK" but when I log in as root,
## and opera firefox, I dont get any websites.
I hate when that happens :)

## I know my setup is a little weird, an apple running Linux
## trying to connect to a pc controled router but in theory it should
work.
What would be really odd is an Apple running unix ;) or a PC configured
as a router!

## Thank you for your time and help,
I think you stumbled over the wrong group for your question.
But I do hope you can retrieve a load of information if you stick
around.

## -Tommy
## Sent from my hacked iPod touch!!
-Nick
Sent from corporate licensed Outlook!!

This electronic transmission is intended for the addressee (s) named above. It contains information that is privileged,
confidential, or otherwise protected from use and disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any review, disclosure, copy, or dissemination of this transmission or the taking of any action in
reliance on its contents, or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender that this message was received in error and then delete this message.
Thank you.