Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VPN over VSAT Link

From: "Lee Hilt" <lhilt () mbc edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:24:13 -0500

in my opinion, even though the traffic originates in a non-traditional way
(I.E. not "on the wire") it eventually gets there. LOGICALLY all traffic is
"On the wire" so despite the originization, the traffic is subject to
sniffing... so I would say if you have any sensitive assets, some sort of
traffic encryption would be needed