Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security and the Under 30 User

From: "Yousef Syed" <yousef.syed () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:46:20 +0100

If you want to stop it all, then use White-lists.
Black-lists will never keep up.

ys

On 12/02/2008, George, Joe (OCFO) <Joe.George () dc gov> wrote:
Slightly unrelated to the subject, but still relevant:

One thing I'm discovering a lot are sites which claim to allow you to view
the blocked sites like FaceBook, etc.  There are mirrors after mirrors and
site after site that do this.  Are there ways to stop it or will savvy
"under-30" types continue to be resourceful and circumvent?

Here's an example:

http://ysurfnow.info/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5teXNwYWNlLmNvbS8%3D