Security Basics mailing list archives

Shredding Digital data on Mainframes and AS400

From: k7.fantr () gmail com
Date: 5 Apr 2008 01:05:18 -0000

Does anyone know how to shred data on an AS400 or a mainframe? I do not know the OS's yet so any commands that may be
built into whatever flavors that you are used to would be great. We had a business partner go belly-up with potentially
lots of private data on their systems. I can handle the PC's, but they have other systems as well. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

I do not need to know step by step, I just want to know if there are built in methods or if it is a situation where we
would need to purchase other software to do it.