Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: HTTP tunneling to bypass proxy filter

From: p1g <killfactory () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:51:28 -0400

all from a usb thumb drive:

first flash your home linksys router with dd-wrt
configure to use .key auth

create key

configure port forwdaring on putty, lets use dynamic port 1000

from your thumb drive launch portable putty and connect vis ssh over port 443

configure portable firefox to connect using socks on port ??? well
1000 of course

create a bat.file:
   plink.exe -switch to use putty session
   firefox.exe

if all is configured correctly,

you will have established a tunnel on 443 to your newly flashed home router

then you will have tunneled firefox over port 1000 via plink.exe

all cookies and session info is on your thumbdrive not your pc.

how do you stop it?

application layer inspection.

look for ssh protocol that is !22

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Francisco Neira Basso