Security Basics mailing list archives

Nepenthes configuration

From: newsecurityguy <JBASKEW () uncg edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:14:21 -0700 (PDT)

I am currently running nepenthes in order to collect the various malware that
scan my IP address everyday. I have succesfully installed it and changed the
submit-norman.conf file to include my email address. However, when I check
the logs there is nothing in the logged_submissions, and just one entry in
the logged_downloads. However, when I check the hex dumps there are quite a
few entries there in bin format but nothing in the binaries folder. Any
ideas what is going on?