Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tactics for surviving heavy DDoS attack?

From: "Kevin Ortloff" <Kevin.Ortloff () j2global com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:47:42 -0700

Yeah, other than calling your provider, not too much else you can do....
Bandwidth will still be consumed no mater how much "fence" you put up.
One thing I've been thinking of ( for future use ) is upgrading my
backup T1 to a ds3 to match my current bandwidth requirements. Then when
someone DDoS's me.... I can cutover the circuit and resume business on a
different cidr block. Just hope they use IP addresses vs. dns naming.

I assume I can do this now with my DR setup, but not all services are
running there.......

I'll definitely be watching this thread for other suggestions as well.