Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Updating Live Security CD

From: Alexander Bondarenko <al.bondarenko () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:48:54 +0400

Hi!

It is actually very easy.

When i have an rpm-package for some software (nessus client for example) i use

#rpm2tgz  <rpm-file>  <name for new tgz package>
# tgz2lzm  <tgz package> <name for new lzm module>
 after that you need only to copy new lzm module to bt/modules folder
(it's   /mnt/sda1/BT/modules on my PC)

Thats all. New module will be loaded by next boot.

You can also add the whole directory to your Live CD with dir2lzm command

I have for example  add some custom folders to /pentest/ folder as follows:

i created folder  /tmp/pentest/<my directory>, copied some files there and
after that ran:

# cd /tmp
# dir2lzm ./temp addons.lzm
# cp addons.lzm /mnt/sda1/BT/modules/

So i have added several tools to my Backtrack 2.0. This Live CD is really
awesome :)

I hope it's clear. Try it and  ask if you experience any troubles...

Regards,
Alex Bondarenko