Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Fash cards sanitization from Nokia Symbian and WM5/6

From: Ryan Chow <rynchow () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 07:46:31 +1000

Hello,

From what I understand you are looking for a software application on a WM5/6 and Symbian mobile device that wipes external flash memory attached to the device?

When looking for products with this type of functionality I always have a look at the Common Criteria Portal to ensure that the product has been through an evaluation process and is suitable for government use.

If the data is sensitive why not destroy it as you can just remove the flash card.

- ryan,

Sent from my iPhone.