Security Basics mailing list archives

Vulnerability testing in analog modem

From: firstkhan2000 () yahoo com
Date: 26 Oct 2007 13:49:42 -0000

All of us know that a fax machine should not be on a corporate network because it has dial in/out capability on one
side and connected to the NW on the other - thus, creating a bridge to the NW thru the insecure modem connection. As a
security person, I would like to test it by dialing into the fax machine, and thru the established bridge, enter into
the network, and see what's the exposure.

What would be the best way to conduct this test? I would be grateful if someone could point me to a step by step
testing situation/document.

Best Regards,

First Khan
347-452-1845