Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: LAN issue

From: "Kevin Ortloff" <Kevin.Ortloff () j2global com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:56:42 -0700

First, get yourself on Domain Admin group in Active Directory.
Second, get a copy of GFI LanGaurd or Similar to sweep the network in
one go for all OS, Drives, user names, permissions, etc....
Third, you can create a GPO in AD to disable functions you do not
desire.

This is assuming your students are using a AD account and their machines
are apart of the domain. If they're not..... There's not much you can
do.

You can use some bios functions to prevent re-installing an OS by adding
a password to the bios settings. And then put the cd rom drive after the
hard drive for bootup.