Security Basics mailing list archives

Hardware Firewall recommendations

From: "Chris [HORIZONsolutions]" <chris () HORIZONsolutions TV>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:22:28 +0000

Hi,

I'm investigating the purchase of a hardware firewall. I'm hoping people here could point me in the right direction, if not give recommendations.

I've got two separate connections, one to a individual server and one to a small LAN of several servers. The need for the two separate incoming pipes is because we're billed individually for the bandwidth usage. I would rather buy one box that can handle both of these connections instead of two boxes, mainly to ease the administration but this isn't essential.
This should make sense, thanks,

Chris -.