Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How (best) to use web-from entry of an OTP/OPIE password to control a PF-firewall?

From: "Albert T" <albert.t680333 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:40:09 -0800

Sorry about that...try openVPN...It uses VPN over SSL.

Unfortunately, this does not address my requirements -- repeated above
-- at all.

"Can I use a web browser as an OpenVPN client?

No. While OpenVPN uses the SSL/TLS protocol for security, OpenVPN is
not a web application proxy. It is an OSI layer 2 or 3 full-mesh
internetwork tunneling solution and requires that OpenVPN be installed
on both client and server."

Again, I need:

  Browser only.
  E.g., from a thin-client kiosk with a screen, keyboard, browser &
internet connection.
  No additional software intalled.
  No hardware attachment required.

Shell-based, or installed-client-based solutions do not work.

Thanks anyway.

Albert