Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Developing an Exploit Code

From: "Dhruva Sagar" <dhruva.sagar () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:53:46 +0530

On Nov 16, 2007 8:29 PM, Dev Null <devj.nullj () gmail com> wrote:
Hello ALL

I am trying to learn how an exploit code is developed. I have googled
for help but
did not arrive at anything useful. What I have is only poc's and
descriptions of vulnerabilities at various places. I would like to
learn how an exploit can be developed looking at a poc. Source of
existing exploits would prove helpful but I could not find anything.
It would really help if somebody can:

1- Point to a resource where I can read something about development of
exploit code.

2- Example source code of some existing vulnerabilities would really help.

There are a lot resources where you can find exploit codes.
This one's one of my favourites, try it : http://milw0rm.com

Regarding development of exploit code, well that's a pretty vague
question...exploit codes are developed just like any other program. If
you know how to program, in any programming language, you shouldn't
find it difficult to learn how to develop exploit codes. Developing an
exploit is the easy part my friend, it's find the vulnerability that
takes the bulk of the effort.

Exploit code simply exploits the vulnerability programmatically...hope
it helps.

Thanks all.

--devj

--