Security Basics mailing list archives

CISSP experience Question

From: whitecastleatshell () yahoo com
Date: 31 May 2007 04:42:06 -0000

I have passed the CISSP examination 19 months ago. I believe that now have the required security experience but not
100% sure because some of my work was security related but mixed with other duties such as system and network
administration.

I estimated my pure security experience to now be accurate, but how and with who should I confirm before applying the
endorsement form to (ISC)2?

My second question is: I prefer to apply my endorsement through a certified CISSP, but I currently do not know any. I
also will start a new job and my employer does not know me that much at all to endorse me. Should any CISSP know me for
a certain amount of time before endorsing me, or can any CISSP that I could contact through the internet do so as long
as they think my experience is enough through examining my CV?

Any suggestions are appreciated. thanks