Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Home laptops on a corporate network

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:57:56 -0700

They're bound by HIPAA, and still want this? The approach that you
haven't thought of is to talk with their corporate counsel, and ask
him to read HIPAA, and advise your clients about liability.

Tell them to put down the crack pipe and step away. This is completely
against the intent and letter of HIPAA.

Insanity.

The company where I work now doesn't need HIPAA compliance, and it's
strictly against company policy to connect personal devices to the
corporate network.

Just for fun, I'll mention 3 OSS NAC packages, but I still don't think
it's a good idea.

http://ungoliant.sf.net

http://netreg.sf.net

http://freenac.net