Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISSP Question

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 17:55:56 +0100

My original question was whether a Masters Degree in
Information Systems Security and a CCE Certification would
qualify me for CISSP or do I need several years experience in
the field.

You would, I think, need at least two years field experience. CCE is an
approved credential for a one year experience waiver. You can also apply for
a one year waiver in respect of a Masters in infosec (or a four year
bachelor's course) provided that it's from a U.S. National Center of
Academic Excellence in Information Security or regional equivalent, but I
think that's it. I don't speak for (ISC)2 though: you could try contacting
them direct to see if there's any further room for negotiation.

There were some suggestions as to what I could label as
"experience" and how to maybe cut corners.  I never asked how
to cut corners to get the Cert.

Understood. Hope this helps.

--
David Harley CISSP
Security Author/Editor/Consultant/Researcher