Security Basics mailing list archives

New rootkit detection tool

From: user () host com
Date: 9 Mar 2007 19:41:55 -0000

We're pleased to announce a new version of Helios called Helios Lite. After listening to feedback from the community
and upgrading a lot of our detection technology, we are releasing Helios Lite.

It successfully detects a large number of user mode and kernel mode rootkits including Hacker Defender, Vanquish, Fu,
FuTo, phide_ex and Unreal.A. It searches for hidden processes, hidden files as well as hidden registry keys.

Helios Lite was designed to be quick and portable, it does not require installation and can be run off a USB drive. The
only prerequisites are that it is run as a system administrator. This release of Helios does not require the .Net
Framework and will work on any system with Windows XP SP2 system.

You can get it here:
http://helios.miel-labs.com

As usual, feedback is appreciated.