Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Restricting Open Proxies

From: "Samir Pawaskar" <infosecofficer () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:20:13 +0400

IMHO,

Another way would be to restrict outgoing http connections from users
only to your Web Proxy. That way everybody would be forced to use it.
You could put access list on the firewall i.e. if your users are
separated from the Proxy server by a firewall

Another option is if you have application aware switches, which can be
configured to redirect all http traffic to the proxy.

The flip side is however, in case you need to bypass proxy for certian
web sites then you will have to create list of exceptions..

At times this may be too much...

Samir

On 19 Jun 2007 11:45:54 -0000, shailesh.rangari () gmail com