Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Kerberos and OpenLDAP

From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:44:46 -0700

well Kerberos and LDAP are two different things. Kerberos is a
authentication protcol where as LDAP is a Directory access protocol.
An LDAP Server in a directory server.

Some environments use both. For e.g. Active Directory is an LDAP
complaint directory, but for authentication and SSO it uses Kerberos.

If you give details of your requirements and you current environment,
I may be able to better answer your questions.

saqib
http://www.linkedin.com/in/encryption