Security Basics mailing list archives

Business Case

From: jennasec-focus () yahoo co uk
Date: 27 Jul 2007 16:17:08 -0000

Hi

I'm trying to put together a business case for the implemntation of a formal security role.  ATM, security is a last
thought and although some teams (or at least people within the teams) try to adhere to a form of best practice, there
aren't any formal policies or processes to adhere to.  Needless to say, without them there is no training and little
explantion for new controls.  The company is medium sized and financial so my onus is on protection of information
assets and keeping the Directors out of court.  Has anybody had to undergo something similar?  Any help greatly
received.

Jenna