Security Basics mailing list archives

SPAM Laws

From: "Iruy Nairda" <nairda.iruy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:32:48 -0500

Hi all,

A client requiered us to send a mail message to about 5000 recipients, all
of them located in the United States. It's important to say that the
recipients themselves accepted to be included in the mailinglist the last
year, but it has been a year without sending any mail to them.

I was asked to review the SPAM Laws that apply in the States, to be sure
that we don't inflict any law. (I'm currently reading the "CAN-SPAM Act of
2003".) The idea is to append some sort of text to the messages, to reduce
the possibility of being tagged as spamers.

So, anyone has done something similar??

Thanks.