Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: spam/virus reporting to abuse () whereever com

From: Jan Heisterkamp <janheisterkamp () web de>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:49:23 -0600

Hi Murda,
there is no usual etiquette as far as I know.
Send them a mail wich contains your name, your professional background, what you have found and evidence like mailheader or screenshots attached.
Dont't await a reply neither a "Thank you"!

Regards
Jan
Murda Mcloud schrieb:
What is the usual etiquette for informing an abuse email address at an ISP
that spam/viruses appear to be coming from a certain IP in their block?

I was just going to send the headers from the various emails. The 'spam' engine is spoofing various domains
I'd guess that the box is owned.