Security Basics mailing list archives

Fwd: login sheets

From: "Babu Kopparam" <babukopparam () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:01:13 +0530

Hi!

I would suggest you to write a 'Change Password' page for all four applications.
Ask user for self registration to your system, (user provides his password).
Approve this request.
Redirect him to a page where he has to provide a new password for all
the four applications.
With this, password is more and more safe that even administrator is
unaware of the same.
Remember, as a administrator, if you know the password of business
users, you can not claim for 'non-repudiation'.

I know this solution requires some additional activites, but it is
worth doing it.

Thanks,
-Babu.