Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: F5 and Load Balancing

From: "Stachowicz, Mark" <mstachowicz () national aaa com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:02:20 -0500

Ethan,

In my experience, I've used the same physical load balancers on both the
web and application tier for quite some time with no issues.  Using
VLANs will be suffice to keep the tiers separate.

I would break things up if you were having some performance issues,  but
other than that,  you should be fine having one HA for both tiers.  Save
you some money too.  ;)

Hope this helps.

Mark Stachowicz
Information Security Analyst