Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: One-Time Pad software?

From: Atom Smasher <atom () smasher org>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:57:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, FocusHacks wrote:

I am looking for software implementations of one-time pad encryption. Ideally, these would be cross platform, and command line open-source would be even better. This is mostly for fun, and I've considered just sitting down and writing my own, which I may very well do anyways, once I see what else is out there.
===========================

command line; open source (GPL); fun:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/security/pad/pkg-descr
http://www.freshports.org/security/pad/
http://web.archive.org/web/20011030104813/www.lammah.com/pad/

i've played with it... it's a fun toy, and may be useful for more. not too many command line options, but the ones it has are very useful. also useful is that the ciphertext can be broken into more than just 2 shares, and that you can specify a pad or have one generated on the fly.

--
        ...atom

 http://atom.smasher.org/
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

        "Your password must be at least 18770 characters and
         cannot repeat any of your previous 30689 passwords.
         Please type a different password. Type a password
         that meets these requirements in both text boxes."
                -- Microsoft takes security seriously in
                Knowledge Base Article Q276304.