Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: images for computer forensics?

From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:35:26 +1000

Like people told me when I asked this-buy secondhand disks from ebay and go
crazeee! You will be amazed...
Also, here in Oz the council do a hard rubbish removal service once a year.
You leave your rubbish on the kerb and they collect it-or other people
scavenge. Scavenge and get your friends round to marvel at what info you can
rebuild from 'deleted' files. Or even wide open files. The process for
recovering files/logs etc is the same as if it were a 'crime scene'.

Like Ansgar said, nobody is going to want to open up their confidential case
data to the world.