Security Basics mailing list archives

bypassing proxy

From: nawalmiftahi () gmail com
Date: 26 Feb 2007 11:56:53 -0000

Hii all,
 i am a security admin with a financial instituation, there's one issue which i would like to clarify , one of our user
needs to access a website ( a financial instituation) which he access by giving his username and password+secureid, but
the problem here is when he try to access via a proxy (isa server) he's not able to access the above page, and when the
proxy is removed he's able to acces the page, the question i wanted to ask you is what is the security issue if allowed
by bypassing the proxy or are there anyalternative , and if at all proxy is bypassed , firewall is anywhere there at
gateway, and all our port blocking is at firewall and this proxy is used only for log collection and some other stuff,
    your early reply is highly appreciated .
                    Regards