Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Creating a checklist for SQL Server 2000

From: "Warren Camp" <wcamp () cox net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:41:23 -0500

Yes, you are on the right track, where possible use Windows and not SQL
security for access control. MS is expecting everyone to authenticate via
the OS and is not updating these functions in SQL. In addition, for good
segregation of duties you want the SQL logs directed to the OS logs.
However the audit function is SQL and Windows related and the removal of
unnecessary services are SQL specific.

Warren V. Camp, CPA, CISA, MS, MBA
Warren V. Camp, CPA, LLC
Better Ideas for IT Risk & Security Mgt. and Compliance
SOX, HIPAA, NIST, GCC