Security Basics mailing list archives

zero-hour e-mail antivirus solutions

From: Matt Miller <madmillerx () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:40:25 +0200

Hello folks.

I'm in the process of choosing an e-mail anti-virus gateway which has some kind of outbreak detection features that can protect me during zero-hour, before the signatures are released. Currently, it seems that IronPort and CommTouch are the main players in this area. I was wondering, what are your experiences with these zero-hour AV systems. As I understand, CommTouch is more of a statistical analyzer, while IronPort has a 24x7 team of analysts constantly monitoring the SenderBase network.

Anyone using one of these systems? Any comments?

Thanks in advance.
Matt