Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SMB/NetBIOS Sniffing

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:52:42 +1100

Auditor/Backtrack should have smbspy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditor_Security_Collection

cheers
Ivan

On 17 Feb 2007 14:48:43 -0000, elluk () orange net <elluk () orange net> wrote:
Hi All,

Is anyone able to suggest a free/open source tool to sniff files transfered over SMB/NetBIOS?

Simillarly, are there any tools that are able to sniff the SMB authentication proccess?

Cain & Abel seems to work ok for capturing the NTLM Session Security.
DSniff makes a point of having some of this functionality, yet I haven't be able to make use of it. Any ideas?

I have been searching for some time now and had no luck.
I have heard of a tool called "smbspy" but have not been able to get hold of it.

Would an Ethereal decode have either of these capabilities?

Thanks in Advance.

E_L