Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: PHP filter function against SQL injections

From: "Dan Anderson" <dan-anderson () cox net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 04:29:43 -0600

I'll add another "me too".

In my experience, extensive use of client-side security is a terrific
indicator that the server is probably vulnerable.

I'd actually recommend not having the client check anything.

The problem with any security checking at the client is that it provides
absolutely no security and still manages to instill a false feeling that you
are secure.

Dan