Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: [SPAM ALERT] What is heap spraying ?

From: "Sule, Mohammed" <Mohammed.Sule () nbhn net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:57:27 -0500

Checkout this link:

http://sf-freedom.blogspot.com/2006/06/heap-spraying-introduction.html

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com]
On Behalf Of Robert Larsen
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 3:52 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: [SPAM ALERT] What is heap spraying ?

Hi all

I have been looking at some job advertisements to find out what
techniques businesses are looking for and stumpled upon a requirement
"Knowlege of heap spray techniques". Google was not able to help me very
much. I did find some exploit code that apparently used the technique
but what exactly is it ? Is there a whitepaper or something on this
technique ?

Also, is there a resource out there that has collected information about
security techniques ? Something like wikipedia with cross links. I
really like the cross referencing on wikipedia but wikipedia just lacks
many articles on security (and no...I am in no position to write them
:-( ). Is there a security wiki somewhere ?

Best regards,
Robert Larsen
Visit www.nyc.gov/hhc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this E-Mail may be
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to
be taken in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-Mail message in error, notify
the sender by reply E-Mail and delete the message.