Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Possible PayPal security problem

From: "Ric Messier" <kilroy () WasHere COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:41:00 -0700

$ host www.paypal.com
www.paypal.com has address 66.211.168.65
www.paypal.com has address 66.211.168.97
www.paypal.com has address 66.211.168.193
www.paypal.com has address 66.211.168.209

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com
[mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On Behalf Of Bob Dienhart
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:21 AM
To: 'Albert R. Campa'; 'Harry Henry Gebel'
Cc: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: Possible PayPal security problem

Flush your DNS cache and any browser history.  Then try connecting via
IP
rather than url.  I just ping'd "www/paypal.com" and that url resolved
66.211.168.209 from where I sit, which is in snowy Milwaukee.  Can
anybody
collaborate that address as a valid one for PayPal?

Bob Dienhart